Fields will remain closed for Thursday February 19…still far too cold and frozen for anything!
All MYSA fields will remain closed today and all Wednesday practices are cancelled. With bitterly cold temperatures forecast for the next two days, along with possible additional snow accumulation this afternoon, it is very likely that fields will remain closed Thursday and Friday as well.
Fields will remain closed this evening and all practices scheduled for Tuesday are cancelled.
Due to the impending winter storm that is forecast to start this evening along with the very cold temperatures that will be in place, all practices scheduled for this evening are cancelled. Should this storm bring significant snow and ice, the temperatures forecast for the next few days make it unlikely that field conditions will be improving quickly…cancellations for the rest of the week are therefore possible and will be announced daily via email.
In a related note, MYSA has apparently figured out how to make a winter storm appear…we simply need to announce the day that rec soccer practices are starting…
Due to dangerous temperatures and wind chill, all MYSA fields are closed today and all games are postponed.
Fields are open tonight…there will be wet spots that we need to avoid but all regularly scheduled Wednesday sessions are on this evening.
Fields are still wet and will remain closed this evening…all Tuesday travel and Academy sessions are cancelled. Hoping for sun tomorrow!
Rain is moving into the area, right on schedule, to ruin yet another Monday’s sessions. With rain continuing into the evening, all sessions for Monday are cancelled for Academy and travel teams. Travel coaches, please let your parents know!
Fields are too wet after last night’s rain and will be closed this evening…all academy and travel team training sessions are cancelled for Monday Feb 2. Rest of the week is looking pretty good…fingers crossed for some dry weather!
All MYSA fields are closed for Monday January 26th due to wet conditions.
Due to recent rain, all MYSA fields are unfit for play and will be closed Sunday January 25th. For Classic matches scheduled for this day, please contact your opponent to work out a reschedule date.
MYSA will be holding supplemental tryouts and assessments for its travel and academy teams. Supplementals will be held on:
Thursday November 20: 6PM for U8-U11 ages (birthdates from 8/1/03 to 7/31/07), 7PM for U12-U17/18 ages (birthdates from 8/1/96 to 7/31/03)
Saturday November 22: 10AM for U8-U11 ages (birthdates from 8/1/03 to 7/31/07), 11AM for U12-U17/18 ages (birthdates from 8/1/96 to 7/31/03)
Teams for the following ages and genders will be evaluating players to join:
Supplemental assessments for all MYSA Academy teams: U8, U9, and U10 boys and girls
Tryouts for MYSA Travel Teams: U11 girls and boys, U13 girls and boys, U14 girls and boys, U15 boys, U16 boys, U17/18 boys
Players who are current MYSA players and any player who is not currently carded by another NCYSA-affiliated club/team are welcome to attend. If you are currently a carded player with another NCYSA-affiliated club/team you are NOT eligible to attend these tryouts.
Players attending will need to come prepared to play with shin guards, a properly inflated and size ball, and a drink…and be dressed appropriately for weather conditions! In the event of rain on either of these dates, updated field information will be available on our website, www.mebanesoccer.us, so please check the day of supplementals if weather conditions are uncertain.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Fields are open for Sunday Nov. 2 and all scheduled games and practices are on.
Fields are already quite wet and with more rain forecast throughout the day conditions are not going to improve, unfortunately. ALL MYSA fields are CLOSED for Saturday, Nov 1 and ALL matches, including travel matches, are postponed.
Rec coaches: please contact your opponent from today and start looking for a day this week to reschedule your game. Please let your division coordinator know when you have a day and time agreed upon so they can check field availability.
Travel coaches: website and weather phone line will be updated shortly. There is field availability tomorrow if you want to look at rescheduling for Sunday. Please be sure to update the master game schedule document should you reschedule for Sunday and to copy Chris Sudol on your request for referee availability. No matches are definite until he confirms referee availability!
Fields will be open for all scheduled Thursday activities, but there may be some scattered wet spots about. Please avoid these areas, particularly in front of the goals on Fields 1 and 2…please PULL GOALS off the goal lines by about 5 yards to avoid tearing these areas up while they are still soft.
It will come as no surprise that fields are still very wet and not suitable for play. All practices scheduled for Wednesday are cancelled and the U14 match scheduled for tonight is postponed and will be rescheduled.
Fields are in great shape after last night’s rain…ALL matches are ON for Saturday!
It’s going to be one of those nights…radar shows light rain will probably be moving into the area within the next 1-2 hours, but the chances are about 50/50 and rain does seem to be looking less heavy and more spotty as the front moves from west to east. With fields in excellent condition and expected to remain playable even with light rain, all scheduled games and practices for Friday are still ON. Should weather conditions require stoppage of play for matches with referees, the referees will make that decision AT THE FIELDS.
For U5-U7 games that are not refereed, you may mutually decide to reschedule your game if you wish, but both coaches MUST discuss this and decide together about postponing so please reach out to the other coach on this and be sure to let your parents know!
As always, in the event of ANY lightning or thunder, ALL coaches, players, and parents should leave the fields and get to shelter IMMEDIATELY!
Still a bit gloomy out, but fields are dry enough for play this evening…all fields are open for regularly scheduled Tuesday practices.
With fields soaked and rain continuing into the evening, all MYSA fields will be closed for Monday Sept 29 and all practices are cancelled.