MYSA Rec Uniform Information
MYSA Uniform Coordinator: Dana Huffman – [email protected] – 336-380-5129
All team managers and coaches should familiarize themselves with this information to ensure you understand the new process for obtaining sponsors AND uniforms. Deadlines will be tight to ensure we can get uniforms here in time for the first matches. Starting with the Fall 2013 season, the following changes will take effect:
- Team sponsorship minimum amounts are set based on age group, which determines the number of uniform kits needed for a team and the kit consists of jersey, shorts, and socks.
- Any amount donated in excess of the minimum amount can be used at the discretion of the sponsor for things like end of season awards, trophies, financial aid, team parties, etc.
- All uniforms will be ordered through MYSA. Colors must be unique per division and are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- All uniforms will have the sponsor’s logo (provided by the sponsor) printed on the front of the jersey and player numbers are printed on the back. No other printing (i.e. player names) are allowed anywhere else on the jersey or shorts.
- Two coaches jerseys will be included with every team uniform order.
- Players will NOT be able to choose jersey numbers ahead of time. Jerseys will be numbered in sequential order at the factory.
- Team sponsorship may be shared between up to two parties (i.e. businesses), with the total cost split between the two parties in any way agreeable to them. These parties must agree upon and supply a logo for the front of the jersey.
- Uniforms will be used for two years or four seasons following the sponsorship donation. ALL uniforms must be returned at the end of each season.
- Players who do not turn in their original uniform will be charged a fee to cover the cost or they will not be allowed to play in future seasons. Substitute shorts will NOT be accepted.
- Each team and their sponsor will have a sponsorship agreement which lays out the terms and expectations of the sponsorship.
- Parents will agree to the uniform ‘loan’ as part of their parent contract submitted annually.
- Uniforms will not be used more than two years.
Complete details on sponsorship costs can be found in the MYSA Sponsorship Agreement.
- How early can I order uniforms?
Uniforms can be ordered as soon as you receive a verbal commitment from a sponsor. The earlier the better! We encourage you to start thinking about the color you may want but be aware that colors are assigned on a first come, first served basis so the color you want may not be available and duplicate colors within a gender and age group will NOT be allowed.
- Can we use our old uniforms?
If your uniforms have been used for two years (4 seasons) they MUST be replaced under a new sponsorship agreement…NO EXCEPTIONS! The MYSA uniform coordinator keeps usage records and can tell you when your sponsorship agreement has expired and a new one is needed. We encourage teams/sponsors to consider donating usable uniforms to the US Soccer Passback Program.
- Can my sponsor buy the uniforms on their own?
No. All uniforms must be ordered through the league.
- What happens to the uniforms after each season?
They are collected by each team manager and turned in to the league.
- Who gets the uniforms in subsequent seasons?
This is up to the sponsor. Uniforms can follow a sponsor’s child, or if they have no child on the team, follow the coach. Otherwise they’ll be reassigned to another team if the team that used them previously breaks up.
- Can I pick any uniform I want?
No, uniforms are preselected and preordered by MYSA so that we have them on hand to be printed and distributed to teams as quickly as possible.
- Can we have yellow uniforms?
Yes, at any age level. Referees are now required to have at least two different color shirts.
- Why is sponsorship of older teams more expensive?
Sponsorship costs are based on the number of players on teams at the various age groups. Older ages have more players (up to 18 for U14 and HS divisions) which means more uniforms must be purchased per team compared to a 3v3 (U5/6) team.
- What if I can’t find a sponsor?
It is up to each individual team to find sponsorship for their uniforms. MYSA will assist where it can, but cannot handle sponsor recruitment for all 90+ teams. If you cannot obtain a sponsor, you will not get uniforms, just like previous years. So do not assume you can ignore recruiting a team sponsor. All teams need to have a sponsor, just like any previous year.
- Can one team have two sponsors?
- What if my sponsor wants to support a 2nd team?
That’s great! Just let the sponsorship and uniform coordinator know ASAP so they can coordinate the uniform styles and numbers.
- When should uniforms be collected?
Uniforms should be collected either after the last match (tell players to bring a change of clothes) or at your end of season party (risky as not all parents will attend). Coaches and team managers need to be vigilant once your season is over to get all the uniforms back.
- What about socks?
Socks are included with each uniform kit and can be kept by the players – who will be expected to use them for two years if they play for the team that long. Players new to a team that get used jerseys and shorts will get new socks from the MYSA. Returning players who lose their socks or want extra sets can buy them for $5 a pair through the MYSA.