MYSA Fall 2010 Recreation Tournament Rules
- Match play is governed by the current MYSA Recreation Rules of the Game for each age division.
- Awards are given out for Champions and Finalists for U10 and above.
- Bracket seeds are determined by the final regular season standings in each division according to criteria laid out in the MYSA League Rules.
- The league prefers division to play a ‘group’ style bracket to ensure each team gets a minimum of 2-3 matches in the tournament. However, some circumstances may dictate a single elimination format be used.
Group Play Rules
- If necessary, a playin match is held to determine the last even seed – a tie in this match will result in a shootout.
- Teams are broken up into groups based on their final standings.
- Teams play each team in their group once. Ties are allowed. There are no shootouts in the group stage.
- Points are awarded as follows: 3 points for win, 1 point for draw, 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a shutout.
- The team in each group with the most points after the group stage will advance to the championship match.
- If teams are tied after the group stage, the following tiebreak rules will be used to determine who advances:
- Head to head record
- Least goals allowed
- Bonus points based on positive Goal Differential (Max 3 per match)
- Coin Toss
- Semi-final (if applicable) and Championship matches will go to a penlty kick shootout if the score is tied at the end of regulation