Our little flash flood rain event yesterday has fields still soaked and near 100% chance of rain today isn’t going to help. All MYSA fields are closed for Sunday and all games and practices scheduled for today are cancelled. Travel coaches, please contact your opponents to let them know.
Although there are some wet spots games are ON today with only one minor change: all games scheduled for field 4 will be moved over to the green baseball field, no changes in game times for those matches moving over to green. All other games are on as scheduled!
Despite waiting as long as we could to make a decision today, Mother Nature is not cooperating. Most all fields are still too wet for play this evening, but we are making some changes for this evening’s games and practice schedule to use what we can.
All U5, U6, U7, U8, U10, H14, and HS games scheduled for this evening are POSTPONED and will be rescheduled.
The U12 games scheduled for 6:15 and 7:30 for Field 4 will be MOVED to Green Baseball Field and played at their scheduled times tonight.
All Academy practices and travel team practices scheduled for Friday evening will be at Walker field at their normally scheduled times.
Field conditions are still very wet and this may impact games scheduled for tomorrow morning. An announcement about tomorrow’s schedule will be made by 8AM via email…stay tuned!
Fields are still saturated after the rains last night and will remain closed today…all practices and events scheduled for Thursday are cancelled.
Due to today’s rain and heavier rain moving into the area this evening, fields are getting squishy and are getting worse as the day goes on. All MYSA practices and activities scheduled for Wednesday are cancelled.
Due to continued wet and unplayable field conditions, all MYSA fields will be closed for Saturday March 28. All rec games are postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
All affected travel teams should contact their opponents to let them know and begin working out a reschedule date.
Same old story…standing water on fields from last night’s storms has all fields too wet for use this evening. All practices scheduled for Thursday evening are cancelled.
Fields are still too wet for play, all MYSA fields are closed and all scheduled games are cancelled and will be rescheduled.
I wish the news was better heading into our first rec game weekend…unfortunately fields are not playable and the amounts of standing water that there are right now also means that they won’t be in better shape early Saturday morning for games. All MYSA fields are closed for Friday March 20 and all games, both travel and rec, are postponed and will be rescheduled.
In addition, all recreation games scheduled for Saturday, March 21 are also postponed. The U13G travel game scheduled for 9AM tomorrow is also postponed. A decision will be made about the afternoon travel game and academy games later tomorrow morning. Please stay tuned to email for updates regarding these games tomorrow if you are affected.
Apologies for the late notice this evening, as we wanted to see if the rain might not be so bad going forward. As it turned out, fields are (AGAIN!) saturated and too wet for play. All practices scheduled for Thursday are cancelled.
In addition, there will be NO paperwork pickup done tonight.
All MYSA fields are closed for Sunday March 15…while we are looking at good weather today, fields are still very saturated and have lots of standing water. No possibility that they will dry enough by the afternoon for play.
Travel teams: many other complexes that are grass are also closed today from the quick look I had, but you should at least reach out to your opponent to see if there is a possibility of changing venues to theirs to play today.
Another dreary day…read on for more info if you are scheduled to play a game at Mebane today.
The Mebane soccer complex (Fields 1-4) will be closed and all matches will be rescheduled. We will contact coaches about reschedules this morning.
The 8v8 field on Mebane Baseball Complex (Green field, also called Field 5) will be open for the match scheduled for 11AM this morning.
The Academy festival scheduled for this afternoon at Mebane fields is cancelled and we will look for possibilities to reschedule this date.
Travel coaches, I will be contacting you directly this morning about reschedules.
This will be the last announcement that fields will be open we’ll send this season. When weather conditions warrant, we will send out information about closures or any possibility of closure or severe weather (storms), but will not do daily announcements that fields will be open after today.
All MYSA fields will be open this evening and all regularly scheduled practices will be held. 4 days of practices in a row!
At this time, all MYSA fields are open for regularly scheduled Wednesday practices, though there is about a 50/50 chance of rain this evening and possible thunder and lightning. Should field conditions deteriorate due to heavy rain, we will close fields as needed.
Since we are apparently going right from winter to spring very quickly this year, a reminder about our thunder and lightning policy which is in keeping with new NCYSA policy guidelines. If thunder or lightning are seen or heard, ALL players, parents, and coaches must vacate the fields and get to safety IMMEDIATELY and play/practice may not resume for a minimum of 30 minutes from the last instance of thunder or lightning. The 30 minute wait period starts over after each instance of thunder or lightning!
Coaches: as the leaders of your teams, YOU should be the one to initiate getting your players to safety and making sure that these guidelines are followed. Parents should be aware of the chances of severe weather at all times and be available to pick up or take responsibility for their children should thunder or lightning result in the cancellation of play.
For those of you who are planning to meet to deal with paperwork and team meetings, please be sure to follow these same guidelines if you are meeting outside at the fields!
Ordinarily, we will not send out emails to let our members know that fields are open each day. Having said that, this is a monumental occasion indeed:
ALL MYSA FIELDS WILL BE OPEN FOR SCHEDULED MONDAY PRACTICES!!!
Finally, a normal Monday…but cue the rain chances for the rest of the week.
Selected MYSA fields will be open for Sunday for scheduled games. This includes all travel games scheduled for Sunday which will be played on Field 1 and the Green baseball field. Coaches of travel teams which have been scheduled or rescheduled for Sunday, please make sure your parents know your game time!
DON’T FORGET…tonight clocks go forward one hour. Don’t show up late tomorrow!
All MYSA fields will be closed for Saturday March 7. Travel coaches are attempting to contact their opponents for Classic and Challenge games scheduled for Saturday for possible reschedules on Sunday…please contact your opponent for more information.
The U5/6 Clinic scheduled for Saturday at 11:30 will be held at the Soccer Complex concession stand as scheduled.