Spring Season Shaping Up!| January 31, 2011
We hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and the offseason! This weekends weather was a sure sign Spring Soccer is just around the corner! Here is an update on where we are and what’s coming up this season
- Team rosters are actively being worked on. We hope to release them to the coaches this week and to parents by the weekend.
- Travel teams are already practicing and Rec practices are set to begin February 14th. Until then, the soccer complex is CLOSED except for any early travel matches.
- Rec matches will start Feb 26th. We understand this gives teams only two weeks of practice, but given how late Easter is and other soccer calendar oddities – we need to do this.
- Our old mailing list system has been permanently decommissioned and we’re switching over to mailing lists hosted by Google. However, Google will not allow us to add everyone in bulk, so parents will have to join the list. The parent list is used to send league wide emails about registration, weather cancellations, and other important information. PLEASE sign up for the new list ASAP. It’s EASY! Simply send an email to [email protected] from the email address you want added. You can put anything in the subject and body (Subscribe, add me, etc).
- We will also be trying to use our new website more along with Facebook and Twitter to send out announcements and also other information we might not send to the mailing list. So be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter.
We have a lot of exciting things planned for this season, so stay tuned!